Visiting Brazosport Cares
What should families expect on their visit to Brazosport Cares?
• Each family is interviewed to determine eligibility and need.
• Qualifying families will receive a variety of food items intended to supplement their food supply.
The type and amount of food given are dependent on the number of people in the household and pantry resources. Eligible families will be guided through our stocked 'client choice' pantry, where they may choose items which most benefit their family and needs. Typical items available are:
• Dairy: Eggs & Milk (as available)
• Grains: Rice, Bread, Cereal, Pasta, Baking mix
• Protein: Dry beans, Peanut butter, Canned or Frozen meat
• Fresh Produce: Onions, Potatoes, and other fresh items, as available
• Canned Soup, Beans, Vegetables, Fruit, and Tomato-based products
• Personal care & infant care items
Brazosport Cares provides food assistance for families living in the Brazosport Independent School District (Clute, Freeport, Jones Creek, Lake Jackson, Oyster Creek, Quintana, Richwood and Surfside). Eligibility for food assistance is based on federal poverty guidelines.
Documents You Will Need
Please bring the following to your visit to receive food assistance:
• Social Security Card or birth certificate for each member of the household
• Proof of address: Drivers License, lease or rent agreement, utility bill
• Proof of Income: check stub for each household member working; for household members with no income, an Employment Certification Form must be signed; for household members receiving Social Security, SSI, a pension, SNAP, HUD, and/or child support, annual award letters must be presented.
Brazosport Cares maintains information on other social service resources in the Brazosport area.
Stop by the Pantry
Please stop by and visit with our caring volunteers at the Pantry. We are here for you. Just reach out...